Monday, July 5, 2010

I love Todd Phillips (no homo)


I recently decided to re watch a whole bunch of Kevin Smith movies(the good ones, not Chasing Amy or the Jersey Girl) I've always liked Smith's movies but have often wondered why a director like Todd Phillips doesn't have the same status as someone like Smith. I suppose it could be put down to a timing thing, Clerks being something new and exciting at the time. In a way Clerks and Mallrats goes far far beyond the usual comedy film. I did also look back at a few films by Phillips and thought that Hated (the doco about GG Allen and the Murder Junkies) was awesome! Not to mention Old School and The Hangover which I thought shits on any Judd Apatow movie out there. If you haven't seen any of Todd Philips movies give them a try. Just stay away from Starsky & Hutch, he must have been having an off day.

No comments:

Post a Comment